Colorful, crunchy and bursting with fresh garden flavor, these Mediterranean Vegetable Pitas make a terrific light meal. Couscous packed with pine nuts and parsley is a tasty accompaniment.
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tomato, chopped
1 cup chopped seeded cucumber
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced olives, drained
2 cups torn romaine lettuce
8 whole wheat pita pocket halves
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1. In a large bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients until blended. Add tomato, cucumber, onion and olives. Toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
2. To serve, add lettuce to vegetables and toss to combine. Spoon into pita halves and sprinkle with cheese.
Recipe from Taste of Home Magazine
Couscous With Toasted Pine Nuts
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 onions, chopped
3 cups chicken stock
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups couscous
1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add onions and cook over medium-low heat for 3 minutes, until translucent.
2. Add chicken stock and pepper and bring to a boil. Turn off the heat. Stir in the couscous, cover the pan, and set aside for 10 minutes.
3. Add the pine nuts and parsley. Fluff with a fork to combine
Serves 4 to 6
Recipe from Barefoot Contessa How Easy Is That? by Ina Garten
The Foreign Films have released a few songs from their upcoming double album ‘The Record Collector (Side Three)’.
I love the groovy, old school pop sound of “Northern Love Song”.
“Darling darling darling
Where did our Love Song go?”
Check out The Foreign Films on Bandcamp where you can buy the music.