Receptionist: Doctor, there’s a man in the lobby who claims he’s invisible.
Doctor: Tell him I can’t see him.
Have a look at these. It’s brownie time!
This recipe is bit on the cake-like side with still plenty of fudgy goodness and packed with pecans and heath bars.
4 ounces unsalted butter
3/4 cup (2 1/2 ounces) pecan halves or pieces
5 (1 1/4 ounce) Heath or Skor candy bars, chopped
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sifted flour
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Line an 8 inch square pan with non-stick aluminum foil.
2. Toast the pecans in a shallow pan in the oven for about 12 minutes until they are very hot and fragrant. Set aside.
3. Melt the unsweetened chocolate and butter in a microwave oven. Stir until smooth and set aside.
4. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the eggs, vanilla, salt and sugar. Add the melted chocolate mixture and beat only to mix. Add the flour until just incorporated. Stir in the nuts and all but 1/4 cup of the Heath bar pieces.
5. Turn batter into the prepared pan and spread smooth. Sprinkle the remaining Heath bar pieces over the top.
6. Bake brownies for about 28 minutes until a tester inserted in the middle barely comes out clean. Remove the pan from the oven and let cool.
7. Remove the brownies from the pan and peel away the foil. Cut into small squares.
Makes about 20 small brownies
Recipe from Maida Heatter
‘Your Breath’ is new from Glasgow-based trio Analog Angel. It’s featured on the lastest Scottish Fiction EP just out this week.
Holy shoulder pads Batman! This swirling bit of electronic goodness would be right at home alongside the best of the New Romantics.
Check out Analog Angel on Facebook and Bandcamp, where you can buy their music. Right now they are giving away ‘Your Breath’ for free.