Translation: May the fourth be with you.
And with tomorrow being the 5th, you May (Ha!) need an idea for Cinco de Mayo. (Find even more ideas here.)
Impossible Beef Enchilada Pie
1 lb ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
8 oz taco sauce
2/3 cup finely crushed tortilla chips or Fritos corn chips
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 1/4 cup milk
3 large eggs
3/4 cup baking mix such as Bisquick
1. Preheat oven to 400℉. Grease a 9 inch pie plate.
2. In a skillet, cook ground beef, onion and garlic until meat is browned. Drain.
3. Stir in chili powder, oregano, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup taco sauce.
4. Sprinkle tortilla chips evenly in prepared plate. Top with 1 1/2 cups cheese and beef mixture.
5. Beat milk, eggs and baking mix until smooth, 15 seconds in blender or 1 minute with hand beater. Pour into plate.
6. Bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes.
7. Spread remaining taco sauce over top and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes.
8. Cool pie 10 minutes. Serve with chopped tomato, shredded lettuce and sour cream if desired.
Serves 6 to 8
Recipe from Jules Food
Cantina works perfectly for a Mexican meal on a Star Wars kind of day.
Check out The Mos Eisley Cantina Band on Bandcamp, where you can buy their music.