You’ll want to listen to me today (not that I’m a yellow light or anything like that) when I tell you that these Cheesy Jalapeño Stuffed Pizza Crusts are Da Bomb! So ridiculously delicious.
And why wouldn’t they be delicious? Cheese and pizza crust with a good dose of jalapeño all baked together until the cheese is melted and molten.
Use your favorite cheese and add as many jalapeños as your taste buds like. I didn’t think I would like the Velveeta stuffed crusts, but the cheese melted into such a silky, smooth mess that I was hooked.
1 roll (13.8 oz) pizza crust dough such as Pillsbury
Velveeta cheese and/or mozzarella string cheese, cut into 1/8″ strips
Jalapeño peppers, finely chopped
1 egg beaten with a little water to make an egg wash
Oregano and Parmesan, for sprinkling
Marinara sauce, for dipping
1. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and slice into 2″ strips.
2. Place a strip of cheese and a sprinkling of the jalapeños into the center of each dough strip. Press the dough around the filling to seal.
3. Place stuffed crusts seam side down on a parchment lined baking sheet and brush with egg wash. Sprinkle with oregano and Parmesan.
4. Bake at 350℉ degrees for about 12 minutes or until golden.
5. Serve hot with marinara sauce on the side.
Makes enough to feed 4 as a snack or light dinner. Recipe doubles and triples easily.
Recipe from Oh Bite It!
Here’s a Cheesy Love Song (For You). Per Pete Morrison, it is ‘cheesy stuff about love’. I think we’ve made a recipe match. :)
Check out Pete Morrison on Bandcamp, where you can buy his music.