If the snow has got you down, these delicious Chocolaty Pretzel And Peanut Cookie Bars will cheer you right up.
Salty, sweet, chewy, crunchy and loaded with bittersweet chocolate, this dessert is like snack mix in bar form.
5 oz unsalted butter, melted
5 1/2 cups salted mini pretzel twists
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
1 1/3 cups lightly salted cocktail peanuts
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan and line with parchment, leaving a 1-inch overhang on long sides. Grease parchment.
2. Place 4 1/2 cups pretzels in a food processor and pulse until coarse crumbs form. Transfer to a bowl and stir in sugar and butter until well combined.
3. Press pretzel mixture into prepared pan, spreading evenly, and pack down flat with the bottom of a measuring cup or a spoon.
4. Drizzle condensed milk evenly over pretzel crust. Sprinkle evenly with peanuts, chocolate, and remaining 1 cup pretzels, gently pressing them into milk.
5. Bake until chocolate melts and condensed milk bubbles and becomes golden, 20 to 22 minutes.
6. Gently press down on the pretzels so they adhere to the melted chocolate, then cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Refrigerate for 30 minutes until chocolate is set. Using parchment overhangs, transfer to a cutting board. Cut into 20 squares.
Recipe from Martha Stewart Living Magazine
This is new and extremely good. I love the frenetic percussion.
Check out Fall Electric on Bandcamp, where you can buy their music.