Q: Did you see the movie about the hot dog?
A: It was an Oscar wiener.
Looking for a quick and elegant little something to serve while watching the Academy Awards tonight? Try these Asian flavor-packed little nibbles of chicken with a lovely little sweet dipping sauce. They will go perfectly with the awesome NPH.
500g ground chicken
1 red chile pepper, seeded and chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
2 Tbs oyster sauce
1 Tbs fish sauce
125ml coconut milk
Salt and pepper
2 green onions, finely sliced
Chopped chives and cilantro sprigs, for garnish
Chilli Plum Dipping Sauce (recipe follows), to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200℃/400℉.
2. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients except the chives and Chile Plum Dipping Sauce. Mix well.
3. Grease 24 holes of a mini-muffin pan. Press tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the prepared pan.
4. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
5. Remove cakes from the muffin pan and serve garnished with the chives and the plum sauce for dipping.
Chilli Plum Dipping Sauce
1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
1/4 cup plum sauce
1. Stir the two sauces together.
Recipes from Donna Hay Magazine