I’ve made lots of pasta recipes with vodka, like this one here, and here and here and here.
Today’s Penne Alla Vodka has the most vodka and cream of the versions I have tried, so it’s no surprise it is my favorite version! Even after cooking down the alcohol, there is still a strong vodka flavor which I really loved.
Penne Alla Vodka
1 pound penne
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, finely chopped
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup vodka
14 ounces tomato sauce
1 cup heavy cream
Red pepper flakes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Grated Parmesan, for serving
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
2. Sauté garlic and onions in 2 tablespoons butter and the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat until soft.
3. Pour in the vodka. Cook and reduce for 3 minutes, then pour in the tomato sauce. Stir to combine, then reduce heat to low.
4. Pour in the heavy cream. Stir to combine, then turn heat to the lowest simmer possible. Sprinkle in a pinch of red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon butter.
6. Add pasta to the sauce and toss to combine. Sprinkle with Parmesan, then sprinkle on more red pepper flakes if desired.
Serves 4 to 6
Recipe from FoodNetwork.com
Pour some of that bottle of vodka into a cocktail glass, kick it back, and join me in twirling around to this 80s-style dance tune, which is brand new from Girl Friend.
Check out Girl Friend on the band’s Website, where you can learn of upcoming tour dates in the UK and Ireland. You can listen to their music on Soundcloud.
Made this vodka sauce last night. It was quick, easy and oh, so delicious. Eating the leftovers for lunch at work today :) Yum!
Yay! Glad it was a success. x