Me neither, but I will have stromboli.
Perfect for the big game or for dinner with a side of salad, this Game Time Stromboli is super easy to make, but hard to stop eating. All of that cheese oozing over a variety of deli meats is so good. The bell pepper adds terrific crunch. Dip the slices in pizza sauce for a full-out taste treat.
2 tubes (13.8 ounces each) refrigerated pizza crust
8 ounces thinly sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese (I doubled the cheese…more yum)
8 ounces thinly sliced mortadella
8 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
8 ounces thinly sliced hard salami
1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons shredded Asiago cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Marinara or pizza sauce, warmed
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease or line a large baking sheet with Silpat or parchment paper.
2. Unroll one pizza crust onto the prepared baking sheet and pat into a 16 x 13-inch rectangle.
3. Layer half of the mozzarella cheese, deli meats and pepper lengthwise down center third of crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border at each end. Fold up long sides of crust over filling, pinching seam and ends to seal. Cut slits in top with a sharp knife. Repeat with remaining crust and ingredients.
4. Sprinkle each stromboli with half of the Asiago cheese, garlic powder and seasoning.
5. Bake 16-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with marinara sauce.
Makes 2 stromboli (6 servings each)
Recipe slightly adapted from Taste of Home Magazine
I certainly hope this is what I will be singing tonight right along with Boston-based Robot And The Wizard.
Cheers and Go Patriots!