For quite a few of us, tomorrow is Super Bowl Sunday. As a New Englander, I’m especially excited to watch the game and cheer on The Patriots. That might make a bunch of you want to leave this page right now, but at least wait for the recipe! :)
If you need a crowd-pleasing dish that is really easy to put together, here is one for you.
Taco Corn Bread Casserole tastes exactly how it sounds. It’s got all of the flavors of beef tacos combined with rich, sweet cornbread. It’s packed with sour cream, cheese and corn chips, so not a waist watcher. But, hey, it’s fun to indulge on game day.
2 pounds ground beef
2 (1 oz) envelopes taco seasoning
2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained
1 cup water
1 cup cooked rice
1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
2 cups corn chips
8 ounces shredded Mexican or cheddar cheese, divided
1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
Shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes, optional
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
2. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat 10 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Drain.
3. Stir in taco seasoning, tomatoes, water, rice and green chilies. Stir occasionally until heated through.
4. Meanwhile, prepare corn bread mix according to package directions then stir in corn. Pour half of the batter into prepared baking dish. Layer with half of the meat mixture, all of the sour cream, half of the corn chips and 1 cup cheese. Top with remaining batter, remaining meat mixture, olives and remaining corn chips.
5. Bake, uncovered, 55-60 minutes or until cornbread is cooked through.
6. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
7. Serve with lettuce and chopped tomatoes if you like.
Recipe from Taste of Home Magazine
Every single song on Tennessee-based band William Wild’s debut album is a musical treat. Beautiful instrumentation combined with the folksy vocals and thoughtful lyrics makes it a real standout record. It was really hard to choose just one song to share!
Check out William Wild on the band’s Website, where you can buy their music.