Of course I have made brownies before. I’ve also made Oreo Truffles. However, this is the first time I have tried a recipe that combines the two.
Instead of rolling all of those creamy Oreos into balls, you just smooth the concoction over a fudgy chocolate brownie layer. The whole mess then gets covered in a coating of chocolate. This is total chocolate madness of the very best kind.
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
½ cup unsweetened cocoa
1⅓ cups flour
½ tsp salt
Oreo Truffle Layer (recipe follows)
Chocolate Layer (recipe follows)
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
2. Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs and blend well. Add vanilla, salt, cocoa and flour. Don’t overbeat.
3. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely.
Note: The truffle layer did not stick very well to my brownie layer when it came time to slice up the brownies. Next time I will pat the truffle layer on while the brownies are still warm so it adheres better. Still tasted amazing, but was not as gooey as the original recipe’s photo appeared to be.
4. When brownies are cool, pat on the Oreo truffle layer.
5. Evenly spread the melted chocolate over the top of Oreo truffle layer.
6. Let brownies set up in the refrigerator before cutting into small bars.
Makes a lot.
Oreo Truffle Layer
1 (14 oz) pkg regular or Double Stuffed Oreos
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1. Crush Oreos finely in a ziplock bag or in a food processor.
2. Use your hands to mash together the cream cheese and crushed Oreos until well combined.
1½ cups milk chocolate chips
½ cup semi-sweet milk chocolate chips
1 Tbs shortening
1. Combine chocolate chips and shortening together in a medium bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between each increment, until melted and smooth.
Recipe from Chef In Training
Ice cream is always nice with brownies. An ‘Ice Cream Dream Machine’ gives you all the pleasure without any additional calories. You’ll actually burn those up dancing around to the song.