I’ve never had Taco Bell’s Quesarito, but saw a photo of these burritos inside of a quesadilla and couldn’t wait to try one.
A burrito inside a quesadilla! Can you imagine?
Now you don’t have to.
I can’t tell you if this copycat recipe tastes like what you would get at Taco Bell, but I can tell you that these monsters are delicious. Two tortillas are bound together with cheese then stuffed with taco seasoned beef, Fiesta rice, sour cream, guacamole and more cheese. Wow!
1 pound ground beef
1(1 oz) packet taco seasoning mix
1 (5 to 8 oz) box fiesta or Mexican rice
16 flour tortillas, burrito or soft taco size
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
8 tablespoons sour cream
8 tablespoons prepared guacamole
Cilantro, chopped, optional
Salsa to serve, optional
1. Cook the ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring to break up the meat, about 10 minutes until cooked through. Drain.
2. Stir in the packet of taco seasoning and water called for on the seasoning packet. Cook for 2 minutes then remove from the heat.
3. While the meat is cooking, cook rice according to package instructions.
4. Lay one tortilla on a microwave-safe plate and sprinkle with some cheddar cheese. Top with a second tortilla. Microwave for 15 seconds or until the cheese has melted.
5. Spoon a little rice onto the tortilla, top with some ground beef, cheese, sour cream, guacamole and cilantro. (Don’t overfill the tortillas or they will be difficult to roll up.)
6. Fold the ends of the tortillas up and bring the center over the filling. Roll the burritos to close.
7. Slice each burrito in half and serve with salsa, if you like.
Recipe slightly adapted from Tablespoon
‘Keys In The Lake’, produced by Christian Kjellvander (whom, I might add, has one of the sexiest voices out there), is the new song from Sweden’s Hillström & Billy. As indie-pop goes, it’s near perfect.
Check out Hillström & Billy on Facebook. You can buy their music here.