Don’t you worry. You’ll be pounding out a happy tune on yer cowbell when you make these brownies.
This has to be one of the best jazzed-up boxed brownie recipes EVER! And one of the easiest, too.
My favorite brownie mix is the Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix that has tons of chocolate chips in the batter. Here this rich mix is layered with some chocolate squares that are filled with salted caramel. The caramel and chocolate in the squares melt into the brownies to make for some serious salty, sweet, gooey chocolate packed nirvana.
I cut the brownies into small little portions since they are super rich. They are perfect to feed a crowd of hungry kids, to share at a potluck or to treat yourself every time you pass them on the countertop. (Suddenly you have a lot to do near that counter.)
1 (18 oz) box Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix (or your favorite brownie mix)
1 (5.3 oz) bag Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate & Sea Salt Caramel Squares (or other caramel filled chocolate)
1. Preheat oven to 325℉. Grease a 9 x 9-inch metal pan then line with parchment paper, letting it come up and over the sides. Grease the parchment.
2. In a large bowl, prepare brownie batter as directed on the box.
3. Spread 1/2 of batter into prepared pan. Place the caramel squares on top.
4. Spoon remaining brownie batter on top and spread to cover.
3. Bake the brownies as directed on brownie mix box.
4. Allow brownies to cool completely. When cool, gently lift the parchment paper and brownies out of the pan and onto a cutting board. Cut into squares and serve.
Recipe slightly adapted from Recipe Girl
Here’s a short song.
And what I think is a partly sweet song. I like the last line:
“The way that you button your shirt always makes me smile.”
Check out Gold-Bears on the band’s Website. You can buy their music on Bandcamp.
Pingback: Salted Caramel Brownies. New Music From CREO. | I Sing In The Kitchen