Easy. Spicy. Ready when you get home and are starved.
That’s what you get with these Chicken Burritos. Just toss some vegetables and chicken in the slow cooker. Top with spicy green taco sauce mixed with cumin. Blow the slow cooker a kiss and say ‘Goodbye for now, see you at dinnertime.”
Slow Cooker Spicy Chicken Burritos
1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
1 (8 oz) bottle green taco sauce
1/2 tsp cumin
1 cup instant rice
8 flour tortillas
3 oz pepper Jack cheese, shredded
2 tomatoes, chopped
2 green onions, sliced
1/2 cup sour cream
1. In a slow cooker combine zucchini, bell pepper, onion and celery. Top with chicken strips.
2. In a small bowl combine the taco sauce and cumin. Pour over chicken.
3. Cover and cook on low setting for 6 hours or 3 hours on high. Stir in rice. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
4. Warm tortillas according to package directions.
5. Divide chicken mixture evenly among the tortillas. Top with cheese, tomatoes, green onions and sour cream. Roll up tortillas and serve.
Recipe from Biggest Book Of Slow Cooker Recipes from Better Homes And Gardens
Air Guitar anyone?
Check out Younger Me on Bandcamp, where you can learn of an upcoming show in PA and buy their music.