Well, here we are again. As 2014 chugs around the final lap, it’s time to put together our lists of favorite songs from 2014. Here is the info from James, if you would like to participate.
It’s time to start constructing the Festive Fifty for this year!
And now…the rules :)
1. Choose up to 50 (yes fifty) songs that were released in 2014 that you like. If you can only think of 10 (or even just one!) .. don’t worry .. We’d still like to know what they are.
2. Our resident ‘statman’ James has agreed to do the adding up, so please send your list to him at email@example.com
starting with your favorite track first. (I could have changed this, but i always like thinking of myself as “statman”)
3. Do this by Sunday 9th November (Midnight Pacific Time (so, 3 am Monday on the East Coast and 8 am Monday in the UK) at the latest .. and try to get other people to vote too .. please!! (Share it on Facebook!)
4. I will compile a short list of the top 100 songs which we will vote on to be in the top 50 and then we’ll start inviting people to record introductions.
5. Any questions? …. good … get thinking!!!
Looking forward to your lists,
P.S. I’m going to be posting a couple of blog posts regarding strategies for constructing longlists and shortlists on my blog http://appetitefordistraction.blogspot.com if you wanted to check them out.
I hope you will join in on the fun. The more people, the merrier!
Onto today’s merry and very festive recipe.
Today’s version has a few differences that make it stand out. First, the quesadillas are baked instead of cooked on a griddle. Makes it a bit easier to feed a crowd. Second, the tortillas are tomato flavored, which is a really nice accent. Finally, there are chopped green olives in the filling. Kind of unusual, but a real fun addition.
Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
2 cups cooked, shredded or chopped chicken
1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 cup chopped onion
2 celery ribs, chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
4 (10 inch) tomato-flavored flour tortillas
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
1/4 cup finely chopped pitted green olives
2/3 cup sour cream
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
2 tablespoons chopped celery leaves
Additional Buffalo wing sauce and blue cheese crumbles, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a small bowl, toss chicken with wing sauce.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, salt and pepper; cook and stir until onion is tender.
4. Place two tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet; top with chicken and onion mixtures. Sprinkle with Mexican cheese and olives. Top with remaining tortillas.
5. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
6. In a small bowl, mix sour cream and blue cheese. Serve quesadillas with celery leaves, blue cheese sauce and, if desired, additional wing sauce and blue cheese crumbles.
Recipe from Simple & Delicious Magazine
The Decemberists have a new album coming out in January. ‘Make You Better’ is the first single from “What A Terrible World, What A Beautiful World”.
Hmmmm….will it make my Festive Fifty list? TBD.
Check out The Decemberists (all over ISITK) and on the band’s Website, where you can learn of upcoming world tour dates, buy their older music and pre-order the new album.