This took me a few goes to get….Hilarious.
Traditional Chile Rellenos, those cheese-stuffed, roasted poblano peppers that are battered and fried, are a real treat. You can get all of the great flavors of the dish in this super easy casserole. Crescent rolls replace the egg batter and the dish gets baked instead of fried.
2 (8 oz) tubes Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
8 fresh roasted, peeled and seeded poblano chiles (one per Relleno) or 2 (4 oz) cans whole roasted chiles
1 lb shredded Colby Jack cheese or Mexican blend
2 cups green chile enchilada sauce
Sour cream, pickled jalapeño rings, and chopped cilantro for topping
1. Separate the crescent dough into 8 rectangles and press the seams closed with your fingers.
2. Stuff each chile, patted dry, with some cheese. Wrap a chile in each dough rectangle and seal.
3. Place the rolls seam-side down into a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
4. Pour over the enchilada sauce and top with the remaining cheese.
5. Bake at 350℉ degrees for about 45 minutes, or until puffed and golden.
Serves 4 to 6
Recipe from Oh, Bite It!
This is a cute little song, all beachy-keen.
Check out Girlpool on Facebook and Bandcamp, where you can learn of upcoming shows and buy their music.