Ah, selfies. What a crazy age we live in. Entertaining though.
This may be one of the best recipes for pork chops I have ever had. I shouldn’t be surprised since every single thing I make from The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook has been amazing.
These Pork Chops With Cider, Horseradish, And Dill are the perfect meal for an autumn night. In less than 30 minutes you have tender chops fragrant with apple in a tangy glaze. I would never have thought that dill would taste so fabulous with the pork. It’s the perfect accent to this sweet and savory dish.
Pork Chops With Cider, Horseradish, And Dill
1/2 cup (120 ml) cider vinegar
1/2 cup (120 ml) hard or pressed apple cider
2 tablespoons (30 grams) freshly grated horseradish
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pinch of cayenne pepper
4 bone-in loin pork chops, 1/2 inch thick (1 1/2 pounds/680 grams total)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
1. Whisk the vinegar, cider, horseradish, salt and cayenne together in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Pat pork chops dry with a paper towel and generously season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat oil in a heavy 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. When hot add the pork chops to the skillet and cook until well browned, about 3 minutes. Turn the chops, cook 1 minute longer, then transfer to a plate. Pour off any fat in skillet.
4. Pour vinegar mixture into the emptied skillet. Bring to a simmer and cook until mixture thickens, about 2 to 4 minutes.
5. Return the chops and any accumulated juices from their plate to skillet; turn to coat both sides with glaze. Continue to cook over medium heat in the glaze until the center of the pork chops registers 140°F on an instant-read thermometer, about 5 minutes. Adjust seasonings to taste.
6. Transfer the pork chops to a serving platter and pour the glaze from the pan over them. Sprinkle with dill and serve.
Recipe from The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook by Deb Perelman
I’m loving this new song from Australian band Holy Holy. Super catchy.
Check out Holy Holy on Facebook and the band’s Website, where you can learn of upcoming shows in Australia and buy their music.
This looks so terrific! I’m pinning it on my board of things to try. Cheers
Going to try it this coming week. I have some great, fresh pork chops. On another note, too bad this bad is only making their music available via iTunes.
And only available in the Australian iTunes store! I still like to link where people can buy the songs even if it is not an option for many.
I can’t wait to hear if you like the pork chops. I liked them so much I had a leftover one for breakfast the next day!