It’s Pizza Time!
Pizza Pot Pie, to be exact.
What a great idea. Instead of traditional dough, pizza fixings are tucked between two flaky pie crusts.
I loved the creamy, cheesy sausage filling in this recipe. It reminded me a bit of a calzone. Yum.
2 refrigerated pie crusts, such as Pillsbury
2 cups shredded mozzarella
1 lb cooked, crumbled sausage
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup sliced black olives
Sliced pepperoni to cover top of pie
1 egg, beaten
1. Blend, in a food processor or by hand, the cream cheese, mozzarella, and a pinch of oregano until smooth. Set aside.
2. Add the cheese mixture to the cooked sausage and stir over low heat to slightly melt the cheese. Fold in the tomatoes and black olives, until combined.
3. Place one of the pie crusts evenly into the bottom of a 9 inch round cake pan. Spoon in the filling. Top with the second pie crust and crimp the edges to seal.
4. Slice an “X” into the center of pie so steam can be released. Brush top of pie with some egg wash, sprinkle with a little oregano and top it with pepperoni.
5. Bake pie at 350℉ for about 35-45 minutes, or until golden and hot. Let cool slightly before cutting into slices.
Recipe from Oh Bite It!
Maybe it is the gun logo, but “Feeling Good” feels like a spy movie track. I want to shake up a martini, channel my inner James Bond and slink around the kitchen while singing along.
Check out Vienna Ditto on the band’s Website, where you can learn of upcoming UK tour dates and buy the music.