Just a quick post to share a super easy technique to give cupcakes a fun look.
All you need is some gel color in your preferred shade. I used blue since I made these cupcakes for my son’s baseball team, whose colors are blue and white. The boys loved them. Be sure to have napkins available to clean up any gel color that gets on the cupcake eater’s mouth.
There are step by step photos over at the website where I got this tutorial from. Check them out.
1. Stand an icing bag, fitted with a decorating tip, in a cup.
2. Starting near the bottom of the icing bag, draw a stripe up the side with the gel food coloring.
3. Scoop icing into the middle of the bag. Try not to slide the icing down the colored line as best as you can.
4. Close the end of the icing bag and squeeze to release some icing until the colored stripe shows.
5. Frost cupcakes in a circular, swirled design.
Tutorial instructions from A Helicopter Mom
Brooklyn-based band Runaway Dorothy released their album ‘The Wait’ in February. It’s a wonderful collection of solid alt-country tunes that highlight the singers’ warm vocals.
“Give Me a Reason”, with that tantalizing guitar and catchy, harmony-laden hook, is one of my 2014 favorites.