Put this Tex-Mex Lasagna on your to do list. It would be perfect for Cinco de Mayo as it feeds a crowd and can be assembled ahead of time before baking.
Fans of Tex-Mex food will love this spicy, cheesy, veggie packed, chicken studded lasagna. There are beans in there, too. Yum.
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
1 (15.25-ounce) can corn, drained
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
16 ounces sour cream
8 ounces package cream cheese, softened
6 oven-ready lasagna noodles
8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese with peppers, grated
8 ounces Cheddar cheese, grated
1. In a Dutch oven, combine chicken and next 12 ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
2. In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cream cheese.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
4. Spoon one-third of sauce into prepared dish. Top with 3 uncooked lasagna noodles. Spread one-half of sour cream mixture over noodles, top with one-third sauce. Sprinkle with half of cheeses. Repeat layers.
5. Bake 35 to 45 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe from Cooking With Paula Deen Magazine
I usually diss songs that have U for “you” or 4 for “four” in their title like Summer Heart’s new song ‘U Got What I’m Looking 4’. (I’m that square texter who never uses those kind of abbreviations.)
I really liked this tune’s warm weather feel and the downright cheerfulness of it all. So diss turned to yass.