Ragù, the famed pasta sauce maker, is looking for variations or a “New Tra-Dish” spin on their authentic Italian recipes.
• Each jar of Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce is made with 11 juicy tomatoes making it its richest, thickest recipe.
• Ragú® has the Authentic Italian taste American family’s love and a variety of great tasting, quick and easy to make family favorite recipes.
• Visit Facebook.com/RaguSauce for additional quick, easy and delicious recipe ideas
• Visit www.RaguSweeps.com to enter the Ragú Better and Better Sweepstakes for a chance to win great Authentic Italian themed prizes and a grand prize trip to Venice for a family of four.
Today’s recipe is my changed up version of Ragù’s Family Favorite Chili Mac. I boosted the flavor by adding green chiles, cumin and hominy.
The result is a thick, lightly spiced sauce that could be served on its own as a delicious bowl of chili. Spooning it over pasta and topping with traditional chili accompaniments makes for a hearty, crowd-pleasing meal.
2 lbs ground beef
1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragu® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce
1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chiles
1 (15 oz) can white hominy, drained
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1 lb elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
Toppings such as chopped avocado, crushed tortilla chips, sour cream, cilantro and shredded cheddar, to serve
1. Cook ground beef in a Dutch oven until no longer pink.
2. Stir in pasta sauce and next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Spoon sauce over each serving of macaroni. Serve with toppings, if desired.
Julia McKinnis, currently based in NYC, released her debut album “The Good Has Won” last month. The single ‘Chemistry’ is total candy pop and brings a smile to my face with every listen.