Now say “Pepperoni And Cheese Roll”.
Using purchased bread dough makes these Pepperoni Rolls as easy to make as they are good. They’re fabulous as a snack, for lunch or a satisfying breakfast (if you are me).
Pre-packaged frozen dough, each loaf one pound
Mozzzarella cheese, shredded
Parmesan cheese, shredded
1 Tbs butter, melted
1. Loosely cover the frozen bread dough with plastic wrap. Allow dough to thaw for a few hours at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator.
2. Roll dough out to approximately 11 x 11 square. (I couldn’t quite get a square, but my rectangles worked just fine)
3. Brush dough with olive oil.
4. Cover dough with pepperoni slices.
5. Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
7. Roll up dough starting at one edge of square (or the long side of the rectangle).
8. Place rolls on baking sheet, leaving space between them.
11. Allow pepperoni roll to cool completely before slicing.
Note: To feed 5 hungry teenaged boys (and there was nothing left) the quantities I used were 3 (one pound each) loaves of bread dough, 1/2 pound of pepperoni, 3 cups of Mozzarella, 3/4 cup Parmesan, and about 1 tsp each garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Next time I might use a bit more cheese, because more cheese is always good!
Recipe from What About Pie
I’ve been loving this fun song from Mast., self described as “1-piece pop from Glasgow. All singing, no dancing.”