Q: What did the monkey say when he caught his tail in the revolving door?
A: It won’t be long now.
I was really aiming for a tacky joke to tie in with Taquitos, but decided to monkey around instead.
Throw together this casserole and you, too, can say “It won’t be long now” when the family asks when will dinner be. It is so easy to make and utterly delicious. Tex-Mex fans will not be disappointed.
3 (11.3-ounce) boxes frozen taco beef and cheese taquitos, such as El Monterey)
1 (10 3⁄4-ounce) can nacho cheese condensed soup
1 (10 3⁄4-ounce) can Cheddar cheese condensed soup
1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies, such as RO-TEL
8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced ripe black olives, rinsed and drained
Garnish: chopped fresh cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Bake taquitos according to package directions.
3. Reduce oven temperature to 400°F. Grease an 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
4. In a medium bowl, stir together soups and tomatoes and green chiles; set aside.
5. In prepared baking dish, layer half of taquitos and half of soup mixture. Repeat layers once.
6. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes; sprinkle cheese over top, and bake for 5 minutes longer, or until cheese melts.
7. Remove from oven and top with diced tomatoes and olives. Garnish with chopped cilantro, if desired.
Serves 6 to 8
Recipe from Semihomemade.com
No monkeying around with the music. We’re going with a Tacky Song, that’s really quite habit forming.
Check out Edward Guglielmino on his Website, where you can buy the music.