Drink a lot tonight and if you have a clever and talented husband, tell him a cheesy joke and he will make a funny video like this one.
This is such a fun dinner.
Toss together ziti with a tomato-bean-chile-olive mixture and a bunch of cheddar cheese, then top it all with your favorite nacho garnishes. Ditch the utensils and use tortilla chips to scoop this yummy pasta meal into your mouth.
1 pound ziti pasta
1 (14.5 ounce) can Muir Glen Fire Roasted Tomatoes with Green Chiles, drained or 2 cans (10 ounce) Rotel
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (4 ounce) can chopped black olives
2 cups shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
Garnishes: tortilla chips, pickled jalapeño slices, sliced green onion, hot sauce, sour cream, chopped tomatoes
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, place tomatoes in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook off any residual juice, about 2 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low and add beans and olives. Combine mixture and warm through.
4. When pasta is done cooking, drain and combine with tomato-bean-olive mixture.
5. Place half of pasta on a serving tray and sprinkle with one cup of cheese. Add the rest of pasta on top and sprinkle with remaining layer of cheese. Top with a handful of pickled jalapeños and green onions. Place tortilla chips in and around serving dish as this dinner can just be scooped up like a dip. No utensils necessary. Serve with your choice of garnishes.
Recipe from Noble Pig
Friday kind of food deserves a Friday kind of song. I’m a gonna be alt-rocking out to this cool tune from Pine Barons.
The band states Hot Sauce as both their influence and interest, so douse your pasta well.