I picked up a bottle of Bombay Sapphire East Gin awhile ago. I adore the Sapphire, so was intrigued by this “Eastern” version with its black pepper and lemongrass notes added to the classic Bombay Sapphire flavor profile.
If you are in a drink rut and want to spice things up, go for these two East cocktails. The gin gets to shine in the Martini and offers complexity in a lemony, floral Elderflower Collins.
Happy Weekend. Clink.
Sapphire East Martini
2 ounces BOMBAY SAPPHIRE® East Gin
1 ounce dry vermouth
Almond stuffed almond and a sprig of rosemary, to garnish
1. Place a cocktail glass in the freezer to chill.
2. Combine the gin and vermouth in a shaker, fill it halfway with ice, and stir vigorously until well chilled, about 20 seconds.
3. Strain into the chilled glass. Garnish with olive and rosemary.
Makes one drink
Lemongrass & Elderflower Collins
2 parts BOMBAY SAPPHIRE® East Gin
1 part Lemon juice
¾ part Elderflower Liqueur
2 Lemon wedges
Lemongrass sprig (optional)
1. Muddle sliced lemongrass.
2. Build all ingredients with cubed ice and stir.
3. Top with club soda. Garnish with two lemon wedges and a sprig of lemongrass.
What could go better with some gin than Gin And Your Platonic Party?
GAYPP is an Italian musician making some crazy, waaaaay lo-fi psychedelic folk. Totally out there and massively addictive.
Check out Gin And Your Platonic Party on Soundcloud, where you can get the music.