These cute little ice cream cupcakes can be made with any combination of your favorite flavors. I liked the suggested pistachio/chocolate brownie as it is one I wouldn’t have thought of.
Frozen Pistachio And Chocolate Ice Cream Cupcakes
1 pint chocolate brownie ice cream
1 pint pistachio ice cream
Pound cake (10.75 ounce frozen loaf)
2 Tbs Pistachios, chopped
1. Line a cupcake pan with 12 foil liners or silicon cups.
2. Slice the pound cake into 1/4 inch slices. Use a 1 3/4 inch biscuit cutter to cut rounds out of the pound cake. Cut a total of 24 rounds.
3. Place 12 of the pound cake rounds in the bottoms of the cupcake liners.
4. Place pint of chocolate ice cream on its side and, using a serrated knife, slice through the ice cream carton to make six i/2 inch slices. Peel away the carton from one slice and use the biscuit cutter to cut out a round of ice cream. Place the ice cream round on top of the pound cake. Use your fingers to reshape the remainder of the ice cream so that you can cut another round from it. Repeat with the remaining ice cream slices for a total of 12 ice cream rounds on top of the 12 pound cake slices.
5. Place the remaining 12 cake rounds on top of the chocolate ice cream. (I did not do this, so my ‘cupcakes’ weren’t as tall.) Place the pan of liners in the freezer for 15 minutes.
6. Meanwhile cut the pistachio in the same way as the chocolate ice cream. (I couldn’t find pistachio ice cream in pints, so I scooped rounds of ice cream out of a 1/2 gallon container and neatened them up with the biscuit cutter.)
7. Remove liners from the freezer and place the pistachio rounds on top. Return liners to the freezer for at least 15 minutes.
8. To serve, garnish with whipped cream and pistachios. A drizzle of chocolate sauce would also be very good.
Recipe from Cupcakes From The Cupcake Doctor by Anne Byrn
Here’s a short instrumental with a title so cool it’s almost frozen.
And an impossibly sweet song.
Check out It’s Just Vanity on Facebook and Bandcamp, where you can buy their music.
Learn more about Pony In The Pancake on Facebook. You can get their music on the band’s Bandcamp page.