This one’s for my daughter, who is celebrating her 15th Birthday today.
So, do you like Eggs? What about Pizza?
If that is a yes/yes then have I got a recipe for you.
This Frittata has an egg crust topped with a spicy tomato-pepperoni sauce, lots of fresh mozzarella and herbs. Mmmm. It is different and delicious.
1 cup whole milk or half-and-half
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon hot sauce
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 pound pepperoni, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1 sprig oregano, chopped, or 1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 cup red wine
1 cup crushed tomatoes
6 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
A small handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
A few leaves fresh basil, torn
1. Preheat the oven to 400℉.
2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, parmesan, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
3. In a large, ovenproof skillet, heat 2 Tbs of the oil over medium-high heat. Add the eggs and stir often as they cook. When the eggs begin to firm up, transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake until light golden and puffed but not cooked through, about 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in another skillet, heat the remaining 2 Tbs oil over medium-high heat. Add the pepperoni, garlic, onion and oregano and cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the wine and cook to reduce slightly, 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and simmer to thicken, 10 minutes.
5. Remove the frittata from the oven and top with the tomato sauce and mozzarella. Bake to melt the cheese, 8 to 10 minutes more. Top with the parsley and basil.
Serves 4 to 6
Recipe from Everyday With Rachael Ray Magazine
Feldspar are a new band out of London. ‘The Flat and Paper Sky Vol. I’, just out on October 1st, is their debut release.
Soft, folksy vocals. Understated music with lovely lyrics. I love this EP. I especially love this song.
Check out Feldspar on the band’s Website, where you can also buy their music.
I know, right? :)
Pingback: Awesome Pepperoni Pizza. Awesome Song From Killing Fields Of Ontario. | I Sing In The Kitchen