Doggonit, I just had to sHAIR this with you.
I’m sharing these delectable Raspberry Crumb Bars, too.
Buttery and full of tart/sweet flavors, these crumb bars are perfect for breakfast, tea or dessert. Just fabulous.
1½ cups sugar, divided
1 tsp baking powder
3 cups flour
¼ tsp salt
Zest of 1 lemon
8 oz cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
4 cups fresh raspberries
4 tsp cornstarch
Juice of 1 lemon
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
2. In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup of the sugar, the baking powder and flour. Mix in the salt and the lemon zest, and stir together. Cut in the butter and egg with a pastry blender until the largest chunks are about pea-sized. The mixture should be crumbly without much loose flour. (I did this in the food processor)
3. Spread about half of the dough mixture in an even layer over the bottom of prepared pan and press down firmly to form the bottom crust.
4. In another bowl, stir together remaining sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Gently mix in the raspberries until combined.
5. Sprinkle the raspberry mixture evenly over the crust. Crumble the remaining dough over the top of the berries.
6. Bake for 45 minutes or until the top is slightly golden brown. Cool completely before cutting into squares and serving.
Recipe from Annie’s Eats
I’m stepping out of my usual music zone today.
Blayer Pointdujour & The Rockers Galore is a Reggae/ Hip Hop band out of Philadelphia, PA. (Honestly, I could just say that band name over and over.)
1804 (feat. Joe Jordan) is from the new album ‘The Bull’ just out this month.
I love the psychedelic vibe that the guitars lend.
Check out Blayer Pointdujour & The Rockers Galore on their Website where you can link to buy the music.