Did anyone see that movie “Snakes On A Plane” ?
I have not.
Ever seen a snake microwaved? Don’t try this at home kids.
Finally, I’ve shared this photo before, but it is screaming to be included here.
Not to be confused with:
I think I’ve managed the equivalent of jumping the shark here.
Enough! Let’s Bake.
These are cute little fellows that will keep you company for countless hours, until you eat them.
Batch of Cream Cheese Sugar Cookie Dough (recipe follows) or your favorite roll-out cookie dough recipe
Royal Icing (recipe and instructions for using in this post)
Food coloring to tint icing
1/4 inch size Candy Eyes (you can get them here
Letter ‘S’ cookie cutter
1. Bake cookies.
2. Make Royal Icing and tint in your choice of color.
3. Ice cookies, sprinkle with sugar and apply eyes with a dab of icing.
Makes 6 to 8 dozen, depending on the size of your cookie cutter
Cream Cheese Sugar Cookie Dough
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon or vanilla extract
5 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1. In mixer, cream together butter, cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add in eggs, vanilla, and lemon extract beating until smooth. Mix in the flour, baking powder, and salt until incorporated. Divide the dough in half and pat each into a rectangle. Wrap in cling film and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight) to make rolling out easier.
2. Preheat oven to 375℉.
3. Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Use a letter S cookie cutter to form snakes.
4. Place cookies 1 inch apart on cookie sheets lined with parchment.
I’m leaving you with this classic song from Sammy The Snake. SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.