Key Lime Pie.
Chocolate covered Key Lime Pie.
I make tons of dessert recipes, but this has been my recent favorite.
The crisp shell of chocolate holding graham crust crumbs and tangy sweet Key Lime pie filling is to die for.
Make the tarts ahead and keep in the freezer. Couldn’t be easier.
You can make this recipe in mini tart shells or in a candy cup mold. The tarts are cute and delicious either way. I loved the mini cup version. Bite sized perfection.
Chocolate Key Lime Pie Mini Tarts
12 oz CandiQuik Chocolate Coating or Candy Melts
Ingredients for Crust:
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tbs butter, melted
Ingredients for Key Lime Filling:
1/4 cup Key Lime juice
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
1. Make the filling: In the bowl of a mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk and Key Lime juice and beat on medium until fully combined. Refrigerate a couple of hours, until thickened.
2. Preheat oven to 350℉.
3. Make the crust: In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Spread on a large baking sheet and bake for about 5 minutes, until mixture is just slightly toasted.
4. Melt chocolate coating according to package directions. Spread in small tart pans and place in the freezer for a few minutes until hardened.
5. Spoon some graham cracker crust in the bottom of each and press lightly into the bottom.
6. Spoon filling over the top and carefully spread.
7. Top with more melted chocolate and freeze until firm.
8. The tarts release easily from the pans. Just give the pan a little squeeze or use a knife to lift up out of the pan. Store the mini tarts in the fridge or freezer.
Makes about 8 four inch mini tarts. (I doubled the recipe and yielded 12 mini tarts and 11 mini candy cups.)
You can get mini tart pans here and candy molds here.
Recipe from Confessions Of A Cookbook Queen
Victoria is one of my all time favorite songs. Fun, fast and very cool. Definitely a good match for such a wonderful dessert.
Jukebox The Ghost-Victoria
Check out Jukebox The Ghost on the band’s Website where you can also buy the music and download a free song from the new album just out this month.