Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes.
Sounds so good. IS (was) so good.
Imagine an incredibly light and fluffy pancake with bits of creamy cheesecake and morsels of graham crust in every bite.
Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes
1 1/2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
2 tablespoons seedless strawberry jam
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1 large egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
2 cups chopped frozen cheesecake (I used a cheesecake with a graham crust, which only added to the awesomeness.)
Butter, confectioners’ sugar or whipped cream, for topping (optional)
1. Mix the strawberries, jam and 2 tablespoons warm water in a bowl; set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 200℉.
3. Pulse the flour, buttermilk, egg, vegetable oil, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the cheesecake pieces, keeping them whole.
4. Coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Working in batches, pour about 1/4 cup batter into the skillet for each pancake. Cook until bubbly on top, about 4 minutes, then flip and cook until the other side is golden brown, about 2 more minutes.
5. Transfer the finished pancakes to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven. Serve the pancakes topped with the strawberry sauce; top with butter, confectioners’ sugar or whipped cream, if desired.
Recipe from Food Network Magazine
The second album from Beach House is due out next month. I adored Teen Dream, so am really looking forward to hearing the new stuff.
First track Lazuli sounds very promising.
Check out Beach House on the band’s Website. You can pre-order the new album there.
Pingback: Mini Pancakes. Rubblebucket On The Stereo. | I Sing In The Kitchen
Hey, thanks very much for stopping by and linking in with Food on friday. I am blown away by all the different breakfast dishes – over 175 now!