You might ask, who am I to choose such an adjective?
Not just me.
Everyone who tried these brownies, when I made them last week, loved them.
My husband, who is not a big chocolate fan, even said they were the best he had ever had. (Of course, then he muses aloud that he had been skiing all morning and playing squash all afternoon and hadn’t eaten…)
Amazing. I stick by that.
Later we can kick back with an icy cold beverage.
Chocolate Caramel Brownies
1 pkg (18.25 oz) devil’s food chocolate cake mix
1 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans)
1 cup evaporated Milk, divided
1/2 cup butter, melted
35 (10 oz pkg) caramels, unwrapped
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine cake mix and nuts in large bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup evaporated milk and butter (batter will be thick). Spread half of batter into a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. (Don’t worry if you cannot cover the entire bottom of the pan. The brownie will expand to cover as it bakes)
3. Bake for 15 minutes.
4. Heat caramels and remaining evaporated milk in small saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until caramels are melted.
5. Sprinkle chocolate chips over brownie; drizzle with caramel mixture to cover.
6. Drop remaining batter by heaping teaspoons over caramel mixture.
7. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes longer or until center is set (top layer will be soft).
8. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into 24 squares.
Recipe from Nestlé Toll House which I got in a Bake Sale booklet, so that’s why the recipe is just a little different from the link. I
liked LOVED the way the brownies I made turned out.
Friday and Amazing Brownies call for some amazing music.
In my opinion, obviously. :)
Try to keep still while this tune is playing. Not gonna happen.
Friska Viljor-Four Points
More dance music that is definitely not of the Safety sort. I love this. Pardon me while I strike my 1980’s pose.
Men Without Hats-Utterspace
Check out Friska Viljor and buy their music on the band’s Website.
Have an amazing Friday.