This video is so moronic that you just have to laugh at it.
Now tell me, is this next clip computer generated or the real thing? Either way, I still think it’s pretty hilarious.
Let’s put the cats aside for a minute and talk about French Toast.
This French Toast.
It is the old fashioned kind. Full of vanilla flavor. Soaked in maple syrup, it is heaven on a plate.
Classic French Toast
3 oz (6 Tbs) unsalted butter; more for the pan
2 cups milk, preferably whole, warmed for 20 seconds in microwave
6 large eggs
3 Tbs sugar
4-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
10 slices of 3/4-inch-thick challah, brioche, or hearty white sandwich bread
Maple syrup, heated, for serving
1. Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven, put a baking sheet on each rack, and heat the oven to 250°F.
2. Melt the butter. In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter, milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and 1 tsp salt and whisk until the sugar and salt are dissolved. Transfer the mixture to a large baking dish.
3. Working in batches, add 2 or 3 slices of bread (or as many as will fit in your skillet in a single layer) to the mixture and soak, turning once, until saturated but not falling apart, about 2 minutes total.
4. In a 12-inch skillet over medium heat, melt about 1/2 Tbs butter. When the foam subsides, use a slotted spatula to add the soaked bread in a single layer. Cook, turning once, until goldenbrown, 1-1/2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking sheet in the oven, arranging the pieces in a single layer, to keep warm.
5. Repeat with the remaining bread, briefly rewhisking the batter before soaking, and wiping out the skillet and adding fresh butter between batches.
Serve drizzled with maple syrup.
Recipe from Fine Cooking Magazine
Back to cats.
Just an aside. My daughter is the most HUGE Lover of all things feline. I dedicate this song to her.
(Please let me know if you last more than a minute. 17 seconds?)
LCD Catsystem-Lick Yrself Clean
This is the original version. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the 3:09 minute mark. Mere Purrrrrrfection.
LCD Soundsystem-Dance Yrself Clean
Learn more about LCD Catsystem here.
I’m with you all the way on the LCD Soundsystem track. Makes me want to jump up! I like French Toast, too.
I always think of you when I hear this song….you were talking about it on a CP and there was Stairway To Heaven mentioned and this tune,,,,Resonates with me.
Thinking about French Toast for tomorrow. Funny that comment about Led Zep resonated. It was one of those painfully awkward teen moments – thought it was a slow dance, but then I realized I was horribly wrong. Running to Kashmir this morning, French Toast tomorrow. Check.
Running to Kashmir…I like the idea of that. I don’t think i have a single Led Zep tune in my library. Just checked…nope. Kashmir would be a good one to start with.
Stairway To Heaven is still played at every single one of the middle school and hs dances here (now!). Why, why, why? My son says it is such a tease when it speeds up. :)
There are MANY choices. I just have whole lotta love in my mix. As far as middle school dances go, that is education of which I whole-heartedly approve!
I stumbled upon your blog while searching for Monster Cupcakes. You and your recipes are amazing! I especially loved this French Toast recipe…being the queen of french toast myself, I was happy to see you make it almost identical to mine. When I can, I use pumpkin egg nog for the milk…or any egg nog will do actually. And I always slice bananas on top…that is a must. Try it if you haven’t already…it is delicious!
Wow! Wow! Wow! I definitely will try that. I want to make some right now. Thanks for the idea.