Sometimes you just have to have a Rice Krispie Treat. These dual colored ones are fun to look at as well as eat.
Black and White Rice Krispie Treats
4 Tbs butter, divided
1/3 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
1 Tbs cocoa powder
4 cups mini marshmallows, divided
6 ½ cups Rice Krispies, divided
½ cup mini chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla
1. Line muffin tins with 20 paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, microwave 2 tablespoons butter, bittersweet chocolate and cocoa powder. Stir frequently to incorporate cocoa into the melting butter and chocolate.
3. Add 2 cups mini marshmallows and microwave for 1-2 minutes, until fluffy and melted. Add in 3 ¼ cups Rice Krispies and stir to combine, making sure chocolate covers the whole batch. Stir in mini chocolate chips and divide the mixture evenly among prepared muffin tins, filling each half way up. Press down to create a level top.
4. In another large bowl, melt 2 tablespoons butter and remaining mini marshmallows in microwave for 2-3 minutes, until marshmallows are fluffy and butter is completely melted. Add in vanilla and remaining Rice Krispies, and stir to coat cereal completely. Divide evenly among chocolate-filled muffin tins, filling each the rest of the way to the top.
4. Chill in the refrigerator 15 minutes or let sit at room temperature until set before serving. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Recipe from Annie’s Eats
Let’s Go Low today.
Low, a trio out of Duluth, have been around for almost 20 years. Try To Sleep is nothing short of dreamy. (Sorry)
Low-Try To Sleep
“’cause if we knew where we belong
there’d be no doubt where we’re from
but as it stands, we don’t have a clue
especially me and probably you”
You can check out Low on their Myspace page where you can get a free download of Especially Me.
Low’s website also has the free download as well as the official video for Especially Me. (I like the one I posted above more). On the website you can also check out the band’s west coast tour dates for September as well as buy their music. Definitely buy their music.