I was going to share the fun baseball goodies I prepared the other day, but then I made breakfast today. Oh, was it good.
My kids have not stopped raving about the maple candied bacon. I loved how easy it was to make and clean up after.
The robots were so cute, too. Not to mention delicious. If you’ve never had egg in a hole/basket you need to make one today.
Stay tuned for baseball tomorrow. Today it’s all about breakfast.
Maple Candied Bacon
1/2 pound of bacon
2/3 cup maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 400℉.
2. Arrange bacon slices in a 13×9 baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
3. Remove from oven; drain fat.
4. Pour syrup over bacon; flip to coat. Bake for 25 minutes longer until bacon is golden brown and syrup is thick. You may need to bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, but better to check than to burn it.
5. Transfer to parchment to cool and let harden. (I couldn’t wait. We ate it warm and soft and gooey and yummy and…)
Recipe from Martha Stewart Living Magazine
Robot Eggs In Toast
1. In a small skillet, melt 1 tsp butter over low heat. Place toast with a hole in the middle in skillet.
2. Break an egg into hole in toast. Cover and cook egg on low for 3 minutes. Add a little extra butter and briefly warm the cut round of bread in it.
3. Decorate with ketchup. (I transfered the ketchup into a small squeeze bottle to do this)
Recipe idea from Parents Magazine
Now, because we had robots for breakfast, I get to share two of my all time favorite songs. And they’re about robots!! Wow!
I have been completely and utterly obsessed with the song ‘Robots’ for months now. I love Dan Mangan’s voice. I love the drum line. I love everyone singing. You just have to sing along yourself. No stopping it.
I had a completely different idea in my mind as to what the song was about. Then I watched the video recently. Well….that was not what I expected at all. But, it is really fun in this crazy, camp kind of way. I laugh every time I watch it. The message is a good one, too.
Watch the video, too.
Buy Dan Mangan’s music and check him out over at his website.
The first I ever heard of Flight Of The Conchords was when a friend emailed me the video link for Robots. It was love at first listen and I have been an enormous fan of theirs ever since. The HBO series is so damned funny. Two really funny and talented guys.
Try not to laugh while listening to this song. Impossible even after about 4 years.
Flight Of The Conchords-Robots
Try not to laugh while watching the video. Likewise impossible.
If you don’t own everything by FOTC, what are you waiting for? Buy their stuff here.
Cheers and Happy Mother’s Day!
Yummm – this seems like the perfect recipe for us – even though bacon is $8.00 a pound in AK. Good thing we brought hte maple syrp with us. Colton made a similar recipe using brown sugar – and he added a dash of tobasco on each peice – gonna try this one soon! Thanks!
Pingback: Chocolate-Almond Toffee. The Nice, Nice, Very Nice, Dan Mangan. | I Sing In The Kitchen
Pingback: Candied robot | Healthdietacai
Pingback: Egg In A Hole | I Sing In The Kitchen