I’ve got bake sales on the brain. For tomorrow I’m making a whole bunch of baseball themed treats to sell at a fundraiser during my son’s baseball game. As soon as I post this I’ll be hitting the batter. Ha!
I made these brownie cups for another sale. They are cute and easy. Also key for bake sales…they’re a cinch to transport. Sometimes I’ll make some crazy kind of cupcake creation or the like and when it is time to leave the house I have a total “UH OH” moment as I realize I don’t know how to get them to where they are going intact. Not a problem here.
The only problem is not eating them before you bring them to the sale.
Blond Brownie Caramel Cups
Ingredients for cups:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts
Ingredients for topping:
1 Tbs water
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup finely chopped nuts
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Line 16 muffin cups with foil or paper baking cups.
2. Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar. Add vanilla and egg. Mix well. Add flour, baking powder and salt; blend well. Stir in 1/2 cup nuts.
3. Divide batter evenly between muffin cups. Bake for 16 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, melt caramels with water. Stir constantly until smooth. (You can also do this in the microwave. Microwave caramels and water in a bowl on high for 2 to 3 minutes)
5. Immediately after pans are removed from the oven, place chocolate chips evenly in the middle of each brownie. Spoon a scant tablespoon of caramel over chocolate chips in each cup. (If necessary, stir additional water into melted caramels to maintain spoonable consistency). Sprinkle with 1/4 cup nuts.
If you’ve ever had a disaster while dessert transporting, you’ll identify with the title of this song.
David Bazan-Bless This Mess
You can buy David Bazan’s music here.
Oh no! Immediately followed by !@%$^&*%&!!!
Andrew Bird-Oh No
You can buy Andrew Bird’s stuff over at his website.