Eat your tequila.
Not something that you heard your mother say much when you were growing up.
These margarita cupcakes taste like the cocktail, but are alcohol free so even the little ones can indulge.
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon instant milk powder
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup margarita mix
5 egg whites, at room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare 2 cupcake pans.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, instant milk, baking powder and salt and set aside.
3. In bowl of electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together on medium-high until light, about 3 minutes. Beat in the vanilla extract, then margarita mix. Reduce the speed to low and beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture until just combined.
4. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer fitted with clean, dry beaters and set on high speed, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the beaten whites into the batter just until incorporated.
5. Divide the batter between the cupcake molds. Bake about 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean.
1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
2 tablespoons lime juice
1/2 cup margarita mix
4 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1. Beat butter until light and fluffy. Add in lime juice and margarita mix; beat. Mixture will curdle, don’t worry about it.
2. Add in confectioners’ sugar 1/2 cup at a time until it reaches the desired consistency. (I had to add about 1 additional cup of confectioners’ sugar to get the icing to the correct piping consistency)
Recipe from Good Things Catered found over at Fake Ginger
Yummy just with icing.
The cupcakes become a party when you add a slice of lime and a straw.
Eat your tequila.
How about some Alternative-Mexican music? Hello Seahorse! are a band out of Mexico City. They have three albums out. These songs are from their 2009 release ‘Bestia’.
Hello Seahorse!-Universo 2
Pretty good, huh?
You can buy the band’s music here. Check out their website, too.
MMMM those look perfect for Cinco de Mayo! I guess I should have a margarita tonight…
I’ll raise my glass in your direction for a toast. Cheers!
Pingback: Top 10 Tex-Mex Recipes For Cinco de Mayo. Peluqueria Hernandez Anyone? | I Sing In The Kitchen
Pingback: Hola, Cinco de Mayo!
Pingback: Margarita Cupcake Recipe With Lime Cream Cheese Frosting | e-foodrecipes.com