This is a simple menu that’s full of flavor. It takes no time at all to prepare, which makes it ideal for a quick, yet elegant dinner. The goat cheese is really delicious with the vegetables. I love the cheese from Vermont Butter & Cheese Company.
Beef Fillet Provençale
1/2 tsp fresh rosemary leaves
1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
1/2 tsp fresh oregano leaves
2 Tbs olive oil
8 slices beef tenderloin (about 1 1/2 lbs)
3 onions, sliced
1 red bell pepper, broiled, peeled, seeded and cut into strips
16 niçoise olives (I use kalamata since I can buy them pitted and prefer the flavor)
2 tomatoes, cut into strips
1. Mix herbs together and mash lightly with the back of a knife.
2. In a sauté pan, heat 1/2 Tbs olive oil over high heat. Working with four slices of meat at a time, pat beef dry and sear until brown on both sides and medium rare, 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a platter. Season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
3. Add remaining Tbs oil to pan. Add onion and bell pepper and sauté over medium heat until softened, 6-7 minutes. Add the mixed herbs and olives. Stir in tomatoes and sauté until just tender, 3-4 minutes. Stir in any meat juices from platter. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Serve beef with onion mixture.
Marinated Zucchini And Goat’s Cheese Salad
1 lb zucchini
1 lb yellow squash
2 Tbs white wine vinegar
5 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
3/4 cup shredded mint
5 oz goat’s cheese, crumbled
1. In a large pot of boiling water, blanch zucchini and yellow squash for 1 minute. Drain and let cool. Slice thinly and transfer to a bowl.
2. In a small bowl, combine vinegar, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Add to zucchini mixture and toss gently. Add mint and toss to combine. Top with goat’s cheese.
Both recipes serve 4 and are from Williams-Sonoma ‘The Best Of Taste’ cookbook
Here is a new song by Wye Oak. I saw them open for The Decemberists this past January. It was very impressive how just the two of them made all that sound. I think this is Wye Oak’s best song, yet.
You can buy Wye Oak’s music and check out the band here.
Timber Timbre also have a new album, ‘Creep On Creepin’ On’, out. I am crazy about the song Woman. I love the singer’s voice. I love the wall of music at the end. I love the retro feel, too. This would be fantastic in a movie soundtrack.
Timber Timbre’s music can be purchased here.