Sandwiches for supper are always fun. Crispy Chicken Subs with Ham and melting Swiss Cheese are especially fun.
I really love this dinner. All you need to round things out are some french fries and a simple salad. I tossed some arugula with lemon juice and olive oil. Yum.
1/2 cup flour
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
2 Tbs mayonnaise
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
4 thin-cut skinless chicken cutlets
1/4 cup vegetable oil
4 sub rolls, split
8 slices deli ham
8 slices Swiss cheese
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 400℉.
2. Spread flour in shallow dish. Beat eggs in second shallow dish. Spread panko in third shallow dish. Mix mayonnaise and mustard together in small bowl until smooth.
3. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Dredge each cutlet in flour, dip in egg, and dredge in panko, pressing to adhere.
4. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add chicken, lower heat to medium, and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer cutlets to paper towel-lined plate.
5. Place rolls on rimmed baking sheet and spread equal amounts of mustard mixture on cut sides of each roll. Slice each cutlet on bias into 4 pieces (16 pieces in total). Layer 2 slices ham on one side of each roll, then 4 slices chicken, and finish with 2 slices cheese. Position top rolls on layered meats and press rolls closed.
6. Bake until cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
Crushing Blows, “a two-piece, noise pop band” from Derbyshire, have a new EP due for release this November through the band’s own label, Super Heavy Weight Records.
This tune is pure swirling fun. It goes back and forth from being tuneful to a little chaotic. I love the parts where the vocals go into shout out mode. Plus, the beat is so cool.
Check out Crushing Blows on the band’s Website where you can link to buy the music and some cool T-shirts.