A New Year’s resolution is something that goes in one Year and out the other.
I don’t have any New Year Resolutions this year. Last year it was to start a food and music blog and keep with it for one year. One year is January 6th, so I think I kept that one alright. I have you all to thank for making it so much fun to have company while I Sing In The Kitchen.
King Ranch Chicken Casserole. Sounds pretty grand, huh?
Don’t judge by the photos. It was so hard to capture the cheesy, creamy, slightly spicy deliciousness of this dish.
Really good and so easy to whip up for a crowd.
King Ranch Chicken Casserole
1 medium red onion, chopped
1 orange bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/3 cup milk or half and half
1 pound cooked chicken breast, chopped
10 ounces diced tomatoes with green chiles
1 1/2 cups light sour cream
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon thyme, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
5 10″ tortillas
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Lightly grease a 13×9 baking dish and set aside.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion and bell pepper 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and sauté briefly, until golden. Add the cornstarch and let it cook for a minute.
3. Add the chicken broth and milk to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Add next 8 ingredients (through pepper) to skillet and mix well.
4. Tear the tortillas into 1″ pieces and layer bottom of baking dish. Pour half of chicken mixture into dish and top with half of the shredded cheese. Repeat layers with remaining tortillas, chicken mixture and cheese.
5. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Recipe from What’s Cooking In The Orange Kitchen
Hey look (listen)! Clare Grogan is in the house.
Altered Images-Happy New Year
Shocking that I’m going to ring in the New Year with some Scottish music, no? Yes, because it is so freakin’ good.
Welcome To The New Year isn’t the most cheerful of tunes.
“Sometimes I hate myself”
Well, don’t we all at one time or another?
It’s one of my favorite Ballboy songs and the title is just right.
Ballboy-Welcome To The New Year
Check out Ballboy on their Website and buy the band’s music there.
I’d like to raise a toast to you all.
Cheers! Happy New Year!