You can’t lose with this Creamy Tomato Soup With Peppery Parmesan Crisps.
A simple, but extremely delicious, version of tomato soup gets crowned with the king of garnishes…super easy rounds of baked Parmesan that get all lacy and crispy in the oven.
Creamy Tomato Soup With Peppery Parmesan Crisps
3 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 (28 oz) can whole peeled tomatoes in juice, roughly chopped
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
½ teaspoon sugar
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup heavy cream
Parmesan Crisps (recipe follows)
1. In a large Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 10 minutes until translucent and slightly golden. Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
2. Add the tomatoes along with their juice, the broth, sugar, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until liquid reduces slightly, about 15 minutes.
3. Remove soup from stove and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
4. Pour soup into a blender or food processor and purée for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
5. Add the cream and process for 10 seconds longer. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Divide the soup among 4 bowls and serve with the Parmesan crisps.
3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Sprinkle about a tablespoon of cheese onto the parchment and spread it into an approximate it down 3-inch circle. Sprinkle with a little pepper. Repeat with the rest of the Parmesan to make about 8 crisps.
3. Bake for about 6 minutes, until lightly golden.
4. Remove from the oven and let sit for 4 minutes until crisp (they will crisp up upon cooling).
Makes about 8 Parmesan crisps
Recipes from Cravings Hungry For More by Chrissy Teigen
Almost shoegaze and total pop comfort food, the new song “Transmission” from London-based Sands is just dreamy. The new album due out in October is titled ‘The World’s So Cruel’….this man is singing my song.
“Life goes on
at the end of the day”
Check out Sands on his Website where you can link to buy the music.