Here’s your next summer blockbuster.
Swedish Raspberry Almond Bars.
An impossibly crisp buttery crust topped with raspberry jam and a coconut almond meringue topping is the dessert to get you a loud round of applause.
Swedish Raspberry Almond Bars
3/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
1-1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
3 large egg whites
6 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1 cup sliced almonds, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well. Press onto the bottom of prepared baking pan.
3. Bake 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
4. Spread jam over crust.
5. In a large bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Fold in coconut and 1/2 cup almonds.
6. Spread egg white mixture over jam. Sprinkle with remaining almonds.
7. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Makes about 2 dozen
Recipe from Taste Of Home
Oh summer joy…Glasgow’s fabulous Teenage Fanclub have new music out and it’s HOT!
Dig right into ‘Tired Of Being Alone’ and you will be in good company.
“Come with me
watch the seasons go
Summer nights with the sky aglow”
Check out Teenage Fanclub on Bandcamp where you can learn of upcoming world tour dates and buy their music.