Serve these cute little guys for a festive Halloween dinner. They are quick, easy and fun.
Jack O’ Lantern Cheeseburgers
4 Hamburger buns
1-1/2 lb ground beef
4 American cheese slices
1-1/2 tsp kosher salt
1-1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
Hamburger toppings of your choice
1. Preheat a heavy skillet over medium high heat.
2. While the skillet is preheating, carve a Jack o’ lantern face into each slice of American cheese.
3. In a large bowl, combine beef, salt, and pepper. Mix with hands to combine, then divide meat into quarters. Press each quarter into a patty shape, about ¾ inch thick. Make a slight indentation in the middle of each patty which will help keep their shape during cooking.
5. Place burgers in the skillet, cooking 4-5 minutes on each side until burgers have reached the desired doneness. Remove from heat.
6. Set the cheese on top of the burger, allowing to melt slightly. Serve open-faced so your Jack O’Lantern can see you smile before you eat it.
Recipe from Wonder
Here’s a joyful little earworm for you to tap your toes to. It’s brand new from Cardiff-based band My Name Is Ian.
Check out My Name Is Ian on the band’s Website where you can link to buy their music.