It’s probably about that time in this quarantine universe where dinner ideas are met with a chorus of “Nahs” because everyone really just wants to go to a restaurant.
Well, that’s not going to happen for awhile, unfortunately. So here’s a fun dinner idea to shake up the meal train. Just doctor up some boxed mac and cheese and bake in muffin cups with a meatball thrown in. Easy and tasty.
Mini Mac & Cheese Meatball Cups
1 pkg (225g) Kraft Dinner Macaroni and Cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 egg, beaten
2 Tbs grated Parmesan cheese
12 frozen fully cooked turkey meatballs (1 inch)
1 cup tomato-basil pasta sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Prepare Kraft Dinner as directed on package. Remove from heat. Add 1/2 cup mozzarella and stir until melted. Stir in egg.
3. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
4. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of Parmesan into each cup of the prepared muffin tin. Divide macaroni and cheese mixture into the muffin tin then press 1 meatball into each cup.
5. Bake 15 minutes or until meatballs are heated through.
6. Top with remaining mozzarella and bake for 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Meanwhile, heat pasta sauce as directed on label. Serve mac and cheese cups topped with sauce.
Recipe from Kraft
“Stayed”, new from Glasgow-based artist Bethany Ferrie, is break-up gold done to perfection. Sad and honest while beautifully catchy.