It’s been awhile since I posted a recipe for Kale Caesar Salad. Today’s recipe, from the hilarious and multi-talented Chrissy Teigen, has a few differences. The garlicky croutons are baked (and are seriously good as a snack on their own) and the dressing is pared down to just olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Put together with heaps of Parmesan and the king of the greens, kale, you have a Caesar fit for
Caesar Style Kale Salad
Croutons (recipe follows)
Dressing (recipe follows)
1 1/2 pounds lacinato kale
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. Fill a large bowl with a mixture of ice and water.
3. When the pot of water boils, add the kale in batches. After 5 seconds remove with tongs and place in the ice water. Dry in a salad spinner or with paper towels.
4. Tear kale leaves into small pieces and discard the tough stalks.
5. Place kale in salad serving bowl. Add half of the Parmesan and toss. Add half of the croutons and toss well.
6. Top the salad with the rest of the cheese, croutons and enough dressing to coat. Season with pepper and serve.
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 cups day old baguette, cubed
1. Preheat oven to 350℉.
2. Place cubed bread in a large bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil and mix. Add salt, pepper, garlic and Parmesan cheese. Mix well and place on a baking tray.
3. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Whisk together the lemon juice and oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe from Cravings by Chrissy Teigen
John Legend seems a likely partner to his wife’s salad.
‘All Of Me’ is such a real life love song. Makes me tear up.
“I’m on your magical mystery ride
And I’m so dizzy,
don’t know what hit me,
but I’ll be alright”
Check out John Legend on his Website where you can buy the music.