…that under that thick blanket of cheese and oozing filling there is a fabulous layering of turkey and ham sandwiched by the unexpected marriage of raspberry jam with a buttery mustard-mayo sauce. The dusting of sugar is surprising, but the perfect flavor booster.
Monte Cristo Sliders
1 (12 count) package Kings Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls
1/2 cup raspberry preserves
1/2 pound deli sliced turkey
1/2 pound deli sliced ham
6 slices Swiss cheese, halved
1/2 cup butter, melted and divided
1 egg, beaten
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbs Dijon mustard
1 Tbs mayonnaise
1/2 Tbs confectioners’ sugar, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 325℉.
2. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Slice rolls horizontally (keeping them connected) and place in the bottom of prepared baking dish.
4. Spread raspberry preserves on top of the bottom half of the rolls. Layer with turkey, ham and cheese.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup melted butter, egg, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and mayonnaise. Spread mixture on the inside of the top half of the rolls and place on top of the sliders in the pan.
6. Brush remaining 1/4 cup melted butter on top of rolls.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops of the rolls are golden brown and cheese is melted.
8. Remove from oven, garnish with confectioners’ sugar, cut into individual sandwiches and serve.
Recipe from Six Sisters’ Stuff
‘Imagined Man’ is new from London-based band Margot. It’s got this delicious twangy guitar intertwined with the smooth vocals. I love the gritty rock n’ roll intervals and the abrupt ending.
It’s so good. I promise.
“Do you ever feel
alone like me?”
Check out Margot on Facebook where you can keep tuned for where to buy their music.