1. (especially of something or someone ordinary or unexceptional) represented in such a way as to appear more elevated or special.
Glorified Hot Dogs.
Kind of a weird name for some grilled franks, but the pickles, cheese and bacon do make these hot dogs live up to their recipe title.
Glorified Hot Dogs
1 large (about 5 inches) whole dill pickle
1 block (4 ounces) cheddar or Colby cheese
8 hot dogs
4 teaspoons prepared mustard
8 bacon strips
8 hot dog buns
1. Cut pickle lengthwise into eight thin slices. Cut cheese into eight (5 x 1/2-inch) sticks.
2. Cut hot dogs in half lengthwise and spread cut surfaces with mustard.
3. On eight hot dog halves, layer a pickle slice and a cheese stick then top with remaining hot dog halves.
4. Place one end of a bacon strip at the end of each hot dog. Push a toothpick through the bacon and both hot dog pieces. Firmly wrap bacon around each hot dog and secure at the other end with a toothpick.
5. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until bacon is completely cooked, turning occasionally. Discard toothpicks. Serve in buns.
Recipe from Taste Of Home
Dance your way into the weekend with this shoegazey gem of a tune. It’s brand new from Brooklyn-based band Parrot Dream.
Check out Parrot Dream on the band’s Website where you can buy their music.