“I am Groot”.
In other words, this pasta dish is worthy of your favorite galaxy guardian. The light zucchini sauce over bowties is a simple meal with lots of star power.
Rigatoni With Zucchini Sauce
8 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 lbs zucchini, trimmed and chopped
3 cups chopped onions
Sea salt to taste
1 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 lb farfalle or rigatoni pasta
1⁄2 cup finely shredded zucchini (optional)
Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, to serve
Extra-virgin olive oil
1. Melt the butter in a large sauté pan. Add the chopped zucchini, onions, and salt. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, until the vegetables are very soft without browning. Set aside to cool for 20 minutes.
2. In batches, purée the zucchini-onion mixture with the parsley.
3. Return sauce to the sauté pan and place over low heat.
4. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving ½ cup of pasta water.
5. Toss the pasta in the sauce, adding some of the pasta water if the sauce is too thick.
6. Serve pasta sprinkled with shredded zucchini and Parmigiano-Reggiano and a drizzle of olive oil.
Recipe from Food.com
I like this song just from the title alone. Made me smile and then I had a listen.
Check out Crane on the band’s Website where you can link to buy their music.