Here is a pasta dish you are gonna want to dive into.
Pasta carbonara gets lightened up for the warm weather with this version that is packed with peas and asparagus. There’s still enough cream and cheese to give it a rich edge.
100g asparagus tips (I chopped up the stalks and used them, too)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 egg yolk
100ml heavy cream
25g Parmesan, grated
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the asparagus until just tender, adding the peas for the last 2 minutes of cooking. Scoop out into a bowl and set aside. Add the linguine to the boiling water and cook according to package directions.
2. In a skillet, cook the garlic in a little olive oil for 2 minutes. Add the asparagus and peas and cook for 1 minute longer.
3. In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolk, cream and Parmesan. Season with black pepper.
4. Save a ladleful of the pasta cooking water then drain the linguine.
5. Add linguine to the skillet with the asparagus mixture. Stir to mix then add the egg mixture off the heat. Continue stirring until creamy adding a little of reserved pasta water to the pan if needed. Serve with extra Parmesan, if you like.
Serves 2 (doubles or triples easily)
Recipe from Olive Magazine
From the outset, ‘Oh-H’ demands your attention. Thick beat and snarling guitars give way to the echoey vocals.
I just played the opening track from Wild Arrows’ latest album back in March. But since the album was just released last week and it’s sooooo gooooood, I thought I would share another corker of a tune.