So this happened earlier this week.
And I got a glimpse of Tom Brady. He’s up there in the quarterback boat.
It was cold, wet, snowy and TOTALLY worth it! Here’s me, my boy and my friend Cathy’s son at the start of our 3 hour wait for the parade to begin. Let’s gooooooo!
When we got home from the parade Cathy had a huge crock pot full of steaming hot Pizza Pasta. She mentioned that she made that recipe a lot and often searched ISITK for other dinner ideas. Her big problem with my site….too much cheese. And she is completely right because I LURVE cheese.
But I also love my friends and am so glad that they come around and visit my little site! So today’s cheese-free but totally delicious recipe is dedicated to Cathy.
Glazed Salmon With Spinach And Radish Salad is a quick and elegant dish rich with Asian flavors. The honey-mustard marinade gives the salmon a big flavor boost as does the wonderful tahini-ginger dressing.
Glazed Salmon With Spinach And Radish Salad
4 salmon fillets, skinned
100g baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
10 radishes, washed, trimmed, and finely sliced
Ingredients for marinade:
3 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons soy sauce
½ teaspoon grated gingerroot
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Ingredients for the dressing:
1 Tbs grated fresh ginger root
3 Tbs rice wine vinegar
2 Tbs soy sauce
2 Tbs sesame oil
3 Tbs tahini
1. Carefully use tweezers to remove any bones from the salmon.
2. Place the fillets side by side in a shallow dish.
3. Make the marinade: Mix the ingredients together in a bowl. Pour over the salmon to coat. Cover and place in fridge to marinate for 30 minutes.
4. Make the dressing: Whisk together all the ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
5. Heat oven to 235°C/450℉.
6. Arrange the spinach on individual plates and top with radish slices.
7. Remove salmon from the marinade and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake for about 6 minutes, basting after 2 minutes. When it’s done, the fish should feel slightly springy when pressed.
8. Place a salmon fillet over the spinach and radishes in the middle of each plate. Drizzle with the dressing and serve.
Recipe from Gordon Ramsay’s Healthy Appetite Cookbook
I’ve been dancing around since the Patriots won the super bowl. What a blast of happiness amidst the crazy every day stuff!
If you’re looking for a song to dance to just press play and let The Little Kicks take you away.
Check out The Little Kicks on the band’s Website where you can learn of upcoming UK tour dates and buy their music.