Dramatic, huh? Ha.
So is this wonderful meal.
Juicy pork chops topped with a sweet, rosemary-scented sun dried tomato-bacon mixture are out of this world. The elegant and heady creamy saffron orzo is the perfect accompaniment.
Pork Chops With Sundried Tomato-Bacon Topping
4 thick-sliced bacon strips, chopped
4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
1/4 cup julienned oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
1. Preheat broiler.
2. In a large ovenproof skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
3. Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Add chops to bacon drippingsand cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°F.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix bacon, tomatoes, brown sugar and rosemary.
5. Spoon tomato mixture over pork chops. Broil 3-4 inches from heat 1-2 minutes or until brown sugar melts.
Recipe from Taste Of Home
Creamy Saffron Orzo
1 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup white wine
2 tsp kosher salt (I used one tsp and corrected seasoning after cooking)
1 tsp minced garlic
Pinch of saffron threads, crumbled
8 oz dry orzo pasta
1 sprig fresh thyme
1. Preheat oven to 400℉.
2. Whisk together cream, water, wine, salt, garlic and saffron. Stir in orzo and thyme.
3. Transfer orzo mixture to a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish and cover with foil.
4. Bake orzo for about 25 minutes or until al dente. Discard thyme sprig and add more salt if needed. Stir well and serve.
Recipe from Cuisine At Home Magazine
This Vic Chesnutt cover of ‘Flirted With You All Of Life’ by Sharon Van Etten is achingly lovely.
Check out Sharon Van Etten on her Website where you can learn of an upcoming show in Brooklyn (with Beirut!) and buy her music.